Innovative method for Thermal insulation fixing - BILDA inverted fixing method
Thermal insulation is not less important than rainscreen cladding itself in the building envelope. The standard method of its fixing behind a rainscreen nowadays is with plastic anchors to the exterior walls. In case that the insulation is thicker, plastic anchors do not fit safely in the wall, steel ones are also employed.
This fixing method leads to many thermal bridges and violation of the entirety of the walls, which might be crucial, especially for exterior dry walls. The thicker the panels, the more inefficient and uncertain the result.
Therefore, BILDA has come up with a smart innovation – fixing the insulation panels to the cladding substructure system instead of fixing them to the primary building structure. This is achieved by a special simple set – insulation fixing yoke, adjustable supporting and retaining plastic insulation anchors (non-invasive).
In addition to the above mentioned, BILDA insulation fixing method has other advantages:
- Reliable assembly - Allows continuous Insulation (CI) with tighter fit, and avoids sagging of insulation panels.
- Controllable and secure fixing – With the BILDA thermal insulation fixing method, the installation is safely positioned in the channels of BILDA’s strut profile for rainscreen cladding.
- Rapid Installation - In comparison to the conventional fixing method, BILDA insulation fixing method has lower number of operations at the construction site and the assembly process is quick and simpler.
- Cost efficiency – BILDA fixing set needs fewer and lower cost elements with high quality in comparison to the standard installation, where it requires much more elements with variable quality.
- Thermal efficiency - The thermal bridges are minimized, because there is no connection between the insulation fixing set and the building construction.
- Future reuse of thermal insulation panels – The insulation is not overly perforated and damaged, so it can be reused without any specific treatment.